Thursday, November 10, 2011

Neil Diamond Shilo Record



I bought this a few weeks back from The Brown Elephant resale shop. I didn't own a Neil Diamond record, but I've passed up a bunch before. This one looked like an early one of his, so I thought what the heck? It's just a buck.

I come to find this is a compilation record from his time at Bang Records. He recorded with Bang from 1966-67, and this album was released in 1970.

It's a pretty great record. It has 12 songs, none of them longer than 3:28. So it's a quick record. I also learned that Neil Diamond wrote Red Red Wine. Nice.

Side one

"Shilo"
"Kentucky Woman"
"Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon"
"You Got to Me"
"Monday, Monday" (John Phillips)
"Cherry, Cherry"

Side two

"Solitary Man"
"I'm a Believer"
"Red Red Wine"
"Thank the Lord for the Night Time"
"I'll Come Running"
"Oh No No (I Got the Feelin')"

1 comment: