Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Commitment to Character of Macho Man Randy Savage






















I don't like Professional Wrestling. To me, it seems like a lot of theatrics all for the sake of fake fighting. Sure the drama is there, the shit-talking, the build up, the long walk to the ring, the theme songs ,but the actual wrestling reminds me of ten year old boys playing ninjas in the back yard.

But still, I applaud Macho Man Randy Savage for his commitment to character. You have to admit, that alter ego was creative---the sun glasses, big hats, bright colors, the deep raspy voice, and corny way. Today's wrestlers (for the most part) don't have the style and commitment.

The name should be noted: Macho Man Randy Savage. I love that name, cause it's so simple. There's no origin implied----he's just a 'macho man,' end of story.

His commitment was key though, and something I respect. Even if I don't like wrestling, wrestlers, and most of the people that watch these acts of futility.





No comments:

Post a Comment